A Dark Guardian
- Author: Donna Grant
- Publisher: New Concepts Publishing
- Year: 2006
- Setting: Medieval England
- Purchase: NCP and Fictionwise
Dear Reader -
Have you ever wanted to travel through time with weapons crafted by the Fae themselves? To experience adventure so thrilling and dangerous you don't know if you will live to see tomorrow? To know that the lives of your men and villages depends on the accuracy of your instincts? To lead a group of highly skilled warriors from other times and realms? Now my men and I are faced with fighting creatures only thought to live in legend but which have been brought to Earth by evil bent on annihilating all the realms. That is my life - and I love it.
At least I did until I found myself staring into the angelic, innocent face of Lady Mina of Stone Crest. In all the time I have led The Shields I have trusted my instinct to keep us alive, yet now I don't know what to believe. Everything points to Mina as the evil summoning the creatures, but she proclaims her innocence.
I should be able to see through her lies, if she is indeed lying, but my attraction to her blinds me to even that. The last time I found myself so attracted to a woman, it nearly cost me the lives of my men. I cannot allow that to happen again. I won't allow that to happen again.
Yet every time she looks at me, begging me with those blue-green eyes to believe her, I find myself sinking farther under her spell. Her mouth is a temptation mortal men will never know and her love will either bring me the peace I thought I'd never find - or the death I've managed, thus far, to avoid.
Hugh the Righteous
- Click here for excerpt
- RECOMMENDED READ! "5 Angels Dark, dangerous, delicious…from the first words, A Dark Guardian will grab hold of readers and transport them to another place, a magical place where evil walks and screams in the night. There is something for everyone here – paranormal dealings with the Fae, time travel, battles, and good vs. evil, as well as passion. The attention given to detail and world-building here is excellent, and I was impressed and hooked from the opening scene." - Michelle, Fallen Angel Reviews
- "well-drawn with just enough detail to whet one's appetite for the next volumes to this fully robust adventure. Donna Grant's star should not only continue to rise but sky-rocket with this dynamite new series." - Marilyn The Mystic Castle
- 5 Enchantements "[A Dark Guaridan] is gripping, loving, suspenseful and totally addictive..." - BrandyWine, Enchanting Reviews
- 4½ Clovers "The Shields...is off to a fantastic start with this first book." - Jennifer, ck2s
- "Ms. Grant weaves a magical tale of love and understanding in A Dark Guardian. If you enjoy fantasy then you will surely enjoy A Dark Guardian." - Klarissa, Joyfully Reviewed
- "A Dark Guardian has it all—a damsel in distress, a dragon-like creature, a tall handsome knight, magic, and romance. Donna Grant kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next in this time travel adventure." - Jessica, Love Bites Reviews