Annette Broadrick was an only child until the middle of her 16th year when her sister was born. Her mother read to her until she read to herself. From that time on, books became her closest companions and teachers.
She married immediately after high school graduation in the middle of her 18th year. Twelve months later she had her first son. She ended up having four sons in seven years. People with children do not need to explain what their life was like for the next 20 years. Those people without children do not want to hear about it.
Early on, she became a secretary to supplement the family income. Eventually she became a legal secretary and for 25 years she worked for attorneys in Arizona, Texas, Illinois, and Oregon.
Her love of books followed her throughout her career as a mother and a secretary. By the time her youngest son graduated from high school she decided to write a book of her own.
After writing in a spiral notebook for six months, she rented a typewriter and rewrote the book, showed it to a creative writing teacher, who was also a friend, listened to her critique and rewrote her story. Next she showed it to another avid romance reader and carefully listened to her critique. She rewrote her story once again.
Next she mailed the manuscript to the Silhouette office in New York. Two months later she received a phone call asking if she’d be willing to do extensive revisions, including cutting one hundred pages. She said yes. This was in January 1984. By the time the book, Circumstantial Evidence, came out in November of that year, she had sold a total of six books.
Since October 1984 Annette has supported herself with her writing. Her career as a published author has also supported her reading habit and in the past five years she has managed to establish a quiet life in the Hill Country of central Texas that soothes as well as stimulates her.
She is the author of over 55 novels. Writing for the Silhouette Romance imprint, Annette Broadrick published 15 books.
- Branded - September 2004, (Silhouette Desire - #1604)
- Man Means Business, The - January 2006, (Silhouette Desire - #1701)
- Bachelor Father - 1985 (Silhouette Desire #219)
- Circumstantial Evidence - November 1984 (Silhouette Romance #329)
- Come Be My Love - October 1988 (Silhouette Romance #609)
- Daddy's Angel - December 1993 (Silhouette Romance #976)
- Gemini Man, The - June 1991 (Silhouette Romance #796)
- Impromptu Bride - July 1994 (Silhouette Romance #1018)
- Instant Mommy - March 1996 (Silhouette Romance #1139)
- Love Remembered, A - October 1989 (Silhouette Romance #676)
- Married?! - September 1990 (Silhouette Romance #742)
- Mystery Lover - October 1987 (Silhouette Romance #533)
- Provocative Peril - May 1985 (Silhouette Romance #359)
- Sound Of Summer - February 1986 (Silhouette Romance #412)
- Strange Enchantment - April 1987 (Silhouette Romance #501)
- That's What Friends Are For - December 1987 (Silhouette Romance #544)
- Unforgettable Bride - May 1998 (Silhouette Romance #1294)
- Unheavenly Angel - July 1986 (Silhouette Romance #442)
Books (By Release Date)
|Order of Release||Novella/Book Title||Release Date||Publisher||Note|
|1||Branded||2004, September||SD #1604||Book One in The Crenshaws Of Texas Series.|
|2||The Man Means Business||2006, January||SD #1701|
- 1987-1988 Career Achievement Award Winner - Romantic Times Magazine - Best All Around Series Romance
- 1991-1992 Career Achievement Award Winner - Romantic Times Magazine - Series Romantic Fantasy