Author and readers interact in lots of ways on the internet. As a resource for you, here are some of the groups, forums, bulletin boards, blogs and podcasts offered. See also Review Sites for websites that provide reviews and other book information.
These are listservs or e-mail/online groups
- Author Michelle M Pillow's Newsletter Group
- Author Mandy M Roth's Newsletter Group
- Happy Hour W/the M&M’s Reader Group
- Kissa's Karma Korner - Author Kissa Starlings reader's and writer's Den (yahoo group)
- Romance Writing Tips - a group listserv
- Author Jennifer Crusie Fans - group listserv
- Wicked Writers - group listserv for authors Cathryn Fox, Charlene Teglia, Mackenzie McKade, Shelley Bradley, Shayla Black, Sylvia Day, S.J. Day, and Sasha White
These are like on-line bulletin boards that have been organized into a "forum" sometimes combining several different ways of communicating.
- Access Romance - website with blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Author Jennifer Crusie forum
- Cata Network Readers Lounge - network of related websites, message board, reviews, awards
- Historical Romance Club - site with reviews, bulletin board, author sponsors
- Romance Divas - An award winning romance writer's Web site. Book reviews, resources, forums, blog, & more.
- Phaze Starlight Lounge
- Erotic Romance Writers Forum - forum (online bulletin board)
- Emily Bryan on Myspace
- Sascha Illyvich on Myspace
- Annalee Blysse on Myspace
- Jaycee Clark on Myspace
- Sylvia Day's MySpace
- Michelle M Pillow on Myspace
- Mandy M Roth on Myspace
- Jackie Coupe
- Gena Showalter's myspace
- Carol Burge's Myspace
See an author's individual page here on RomanceWiki for the author's website and blog. This is a very limited list of single author blogs.
- Emily Bryan Romance Emily Bryan's Blog
- Radio Dentata Blog - Romance Author Sascha Illyvich's blog at Radio Dentata
- The White Wolf Writing Blog - The White Wolf Blog - Excerpts,
- Alessia Brio's Blog
- Mandy M Roth's Blog
- Michelle M Pillow's Blog
- NCP Author's Blog
- Jackie Coupe
- UK Historical Romance - blog by a group of historical romance authors
- Gena Showalter's Blog
- Blogging With Lucy Monroe
- argh ink - Jenny Crusie's blog
- Marjorie Liu Blog
- Writer Woes - Carol Burge's Blog
Multiple Author Blogs
- The Midnight Seductions Authors - The 30 Authors of Midnight Seductions Promo group foudned by Tess McKall and Adriana Kraft!
- Access Romance All A-Blog - blog of 18 authors who are members of Access Romance
- Blogging in Black - blog of authors Cherlyn Michaels, Gwyneth Bolton, Lena Matthews, Lynn Emery, Monica Jackson, Seressia Glass, Shelia Goss, Sylvia Hubbard, Wayne Jordan, Wendy Coakley-Thompson as well as readers, reviewers and industry professionals.
- Deadline Hellions - Carrie Alexander, Sarah Addison Allen, Dawn Atkins, Jamie Denton, Delores Fossen, Candy Halliday, Liz Jarrett, Holly Jacobs, Dorien Kelly, Tanya Michaels, Cindi Myers, Natalie Stenzel, Shanna Swendson, Nancy Warren, Lori Wilde, Cathy Yardley
- Dishing With The Divas - Fog City Divas are authors Barbara Freethy, Candice Hern, Allison Brennan, Carol Grace, Bella Andre, Karin Tabke, Jami Alden, Kate Moore, Monica McCarty, Brenda Novak
- The Goddess Blogs - Claudia Dain, Julia London, Karen Hawkins, Karen Rose, Nicole Jordan, Rachel Gibson, Sabrina Jeffries, Suzanne Enoch
- Great Escape Artists - authors Devin Leigh, Kendra Clark, Amelia Elias, Emma Sinclair, Karen Mandeville, Cat Marsters, and Toni Anderson
- The Lipstick Chronicles - blog of mostly mystery authors: Harley Jane Kozak, Nancy Martin, Sarah Strohmeyer, Elaine Viets, Michele Martinez
- Literary Chicks - disbanded in June, 2007, but archives still online: Lani Diane Rich, Michelle Cunnah, Whitney Gaskell, Alesia Holliday, Beth Kendrick, Eileen Rendahl
- Passion's Muses - blog of erotic romance authors: Rowan West, Dawn Halliday, Marianne LaCroix, Catherine Berlin
- Plot Monkeys - authors Carly Phillips, Leslie Kelly, Julie Leto, Janelle Denison
- Riding With The Top Down - Kathleen Eagle, Betina Krahn, Michele Hauf, Helen Brenna, Lois Greiman, Cindy Gerard, Debra Dixon, Susan Kay Law, Christie Ridgway
- Risky Regencies - Diane Perkins, Laurie B, Amanda McCabe, Janet Mullany, Elena Greene, Cara King, Janet Mullany, Megan Frampton, Bertram St James,
- Romancing The Blog - blog of authors, readers, reviewers, and industry professionals
- Running With Quills - Susan Andersen, Stella Cameron, Elizabeth Lowell, Jayne Ann Krentz, Lori Foster, Elizabeth Guest
- Sisterhood of the Jaunty Quills - blog by eight authors: Cindy Kirk, Margo Maguire, Shirley Karr, Kimberly Logan, Robyn DeHart, Shana Galen, Anne Mallory, Jenna Petersen
- Sizzling Sexy - blog of erotic romance authors: Eileen Ann Brennan, Anya Howard, Marianne LaCroix, Shara Azod, Tierney Linn
- Squawk Radio blog with Christina Dodd, Eloisa James, Teresa Medeiros, Elizabeth Bevarly, Connie Brockway - discontinued as of May 2007
- Story Broads - authors Lynn Kerstan, Suzanne Forster, Judith Arnold, Tara Taylor Quinn, Anne Stuart, Maggie Shayne, Patricia Potter
- Sweeter Romantic Notions - Multi-genre, multi-author blog for authors of sweet to sensual romance (25-30 authors are listed as contributors)
- UK Historical Romance - Historical Romance UK - a group of historical authors located in the UK blog
- Unusual Historicals - blog of authors writing historical romance set in unusual settings/time periods
- Wet Noodle Posse - blog with 29 authors
- We Write Romance - authors Carolynn Carey, Dianne Castell, Ann Christopher, Basem Darwish, Sylvia Day, Shelley Galloway, Terescia Harvey, Erin Katz, Cathy Liggett, Lucy Monroe, Heather Reed, Jessie Verino, Kate Walker, Pat White - newsletters, reviews, forums
- Wild & Wicked Authors - blog of erotic romance authors: Devyn Quinn, Desiree Erotique, Marianne LaCroix, Adrienne Kama, Annmarie Ortega, Tyler Blacwood
- Word Wenches blog - Jo Beverley, Edith Layton, Mary Jo Putney, Patricia Rice, Loretta Chase, Sarah Gabriel, and Susan Holloway Scott
- Writer Unboxed - authors Therese Walsh and Kathleen Bolton blog and provide industry information including interviews of other authors, includes authors Marsha Moyer, Victoria Holmes, Allison Winn Scotch, Juliet Marillier, Jason Starr
- The Writing Playground - Kira Sinclair, Danniele Worsham, Kimberly Lang, and Alexandra Frost, Marilyn Puett with occasional posts by Linda Howard, Beverly Barton, and Linda Winstead Jones
Podcasts and Videocasts
- RomanceNovel.TV - Interviews and video coverage of the world of romance novels.
- Watch The Book - features trailers for romance novels.
- Will Write for Wine podcast by Lani Diane Rich and Samantha Graves
- Raven Podcasts by Mandy M Roth and Michelle M Pillow
Free Online Stories
Free Promo Ops for Authors
Ops by Michelle M. Pillow & Mandy M. Roth
3. Frivolous Friday - Michelle Pillow’s Author blog – I’m open to guest blog ideas. Interesting posts, trivia or cool tidbits, historical facts, strange hobbies, myths and legends, anything! All publishers/genres welcome!
4. Pillow Talk Tuesdays – (not a guest blog spot, so much as blog news) A new segment I’m starting on my author blog. I will give a rundown of the best of romance blogland, and some additional romance news I find interesting. Bloggers and readers are encouraged to send her news the find in romance blogland, whether it’s their blog or someone elses. Basically, it’s things of general interest to romance industry, authors and readers—not individual book release announcements and stuff like that. However, authors are encouraged to send in their current contest for posting. All publishers/genres welcome! For details: 
5. Raven Reader Forum Authors: Raven Reader Forum is opening a backstage pass to author friends of the Raven. We’re offering authors a chance to come in and post excerpts and give away prizes. (Limit two excerpts, must offer prize) Excerpts are to be posted to the VIP Backstage Pass area of the forum. Authors, there is also a Research Sections where you can share knowledge and ask questions. Readers are welcome to join in and lend a hand. Join now and post! You can create sig pics and have fun interacting with readers. All publishers/genres welcome!
Readers: Stop on by to see what VIPs come to play and what prizes are being given away. Forum membership is free. Must be 18 years or older to join. Readers are welcome to create sig pics as well!
6. Publisher Spotlights – Marketing with Mandy blog is open to publisher spotlights. If you, and fellow authors from your publisher, would like to have your publisher featured, please email Mandy – [email protected] Past spotlights include Samhain Publishing, Virgin Books (Random House), Ellora’s Cave, Dorchester and New Concepts. (Repeats will be considered if new authors are willing to be interviewed) All publishers/genres welcome!
8. Raven Reader Bash Day - Join us online for the next day! Dates for these fantastic online parties are located on the group in the database. Authors wishing to sign up to be able to post excerpts, please visit the Raven Reader Group and enter your name in database. All publishers/genres welcome! Readers, please mark your calendars and be sure to join us on the loops!