Be My Valentine - Jane Beckenham
- Author: Jane Beckenham
- Publisher: Treble Heart Books
- Year: 2003
- eBook Price: $5.50 | Buy Now
- Print ISBN: 1-931742-07-3
- Print Price: $14.99 | Buy Now
Sacked without reason, Dave Barnett's life is in turmoil. His house is burgled and he's followed home by Tyler Spencer, a waitress from the bar where he drowned his sorrows, who accuses him of owing her money. While trying to find out the history behind the Spanish coins and ancient rose shaped ring not uncovered by the burglars, Tyler and Dave are shipwrecked, waking up surrounded by pirates on a deserted island. The year is 1692 and Port Royal, Jamaica, known as Sin City, is full of pirates, prostitutes and rum! Haunted by history lessons, Dave and Tyler are sold into slavery. As they struggle to find the ring's owner Tyler's dreams are completed, but time is running out and her history lessons become reality.
Tyler’s eyes roamed over the man who shared the bedroom. Naked flesh ignited a quick fire quiver in her pulses. Broad, tanned, muscled shoulders, smattered with a nest of freckles, tapered down to a lean waist. A smattering of wiry hair darkened his chest. White cotton sheeting hid slim hips. One arm was crooked under his head which lay sideways facing her, his fingers wound through coal black hair. It was an interesting profile. Dark brows arched above the thickest and longest lashes Tyler had ever seen. Why was it that men got the slim hips and lashes? Unfair! She hadn’t seen his eyes, except in the dim light of the club last night, so she had no idea of their color. She didn’t want to know anyway. Did she?
Yeah, right, her conscience answered.
He let out a loud groan that penetrated the silent room.
“Serves you right,” Tyler castigated. “You deserve the hangover from hell, and it looks like you’re going to get it.”
Another groan escaped the man’s lips. He turned over and the sheet fell aside.
- "Jane Beckenham has done a terrific job in bringing Port Royal, Jamaica during 1692 to life... The plot in this story works well and a glimpse into a time long gone. The story was made more believable by the timeline being well researched. The interplay between the hero and heroine was very feisty when they met, an unusual combination, which worked well."
- Pam gives 4 Hearts ~ Love Romances and More Reviews
- " This story has all the adventure of an Errol Flynn movie and I liked Errol Flynn. If you enjoy swashbuckling sagas and the time travel back to that time I recommend this book. It's not one to be read only once for it's a keeper and Ms. Beckenham has done an excellent job on this."
- Louise give 4 Hearts ~ The Romance Studio