Candice Hern was born in Texas but grew up in California. She has degrees in Art History from the University of California and spent many years in high tech marketing, specifically database marketing. Her last position was as Director of Marketing Operations for a software company.
She has always been a devotee to the woman writers of the Regency period like Jane Austen or Maria Edgeworth and was instantly hooked when she finally discovered Georgette Heyer. After reading a lot of Regency Romances she finally started to write one. Her first novel (A Proper Companion) was published by Jove in 1995. She then wrote for the Signet Regency Romance imprint before expanding into the Historical Romance genre, although her books are usually set in the Regency era. She lives in the San Francisco Bay area.
On the Web
- Candice Hern's website
- Fog City Divas - Website of bestselling authors who live in the San Francisco Bay area
- Affair Of Honor, An - July 1996 (Signet Regency Romance)
- Best Intentions, The - June 1999 (Signet Regency Romance)
- Bride Sale, The - January 2002 (Avon)
- Change of Heart, A - December 1995 (Signet Regency Romance)
- Garden Folly, A - January 1997 (Signet Regency Romance)
- Her Scandalous Affair - December 2004 (Avon)
- In The Thrill Of The Night - February 2006 (Signet Eclipse)
- Just One Of Those Flings - August 2006 (Signet Eclipse)
- Lady Be Bad - August 2007 (Signet Eclipse)
- Miss Lacy's Last Fling - February 2001 (Signet Regency Romance)
- Once A Gentleman - January 2003 (Avon)
- Once A Scoundrel - May 2004 (Avon)
- Once A Dreamer - August 2003 (Avon)
- Proper Companion, A - January 1995 (Jove)
Three best friends who went to school together.
The hero of the second book loses the girl in the first book, but gets the girl in the second
Ladies Fashionable Cabinet
A group of friends who work together on a fictional ladies' magazine.
A group of respectable widows, who act as patronesses for charity balls, agree to actively seek lovers - and speak candidly about their experiences.
- In The Thrill Of The Night, 2006
- Just One Of Those Flings, 2006
- Lady Be Bad, 2007
- From This Moment On, 2008