Dana Marie Bell
Dana Marie Bell wrote her first short story when she was thirteen years old. She attended the High School for Creative and Performing Arts for creative writing, where freedom of expression was the order of the day. When her parents moved out of the city and placed her in a Catholic high school for her senior year she tried desperately to get away, but the nuns held fast, and she graduated with honors despite herself.
Dana has lived primarily in the Northeast (Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, to be precise), with a brief stint on the US Virgin Island of St. Croix. She lives with her soul-mate and husband Dusty, their two maniacal children, an evil ice-cream stealing cat and a bull terrier that thinks it’s a Pekinese. She has been heard to describe herself as a "lapsed brunette".
Dana suffers from osteoarthritis and can frequently be seen walking with a cane or zipping around in her little red scooter. Her condition was the inspiration for Belle's hip injury in Steel Beauty.
On the Web
- The Wallflower - 2008 (Samhain Publishing)
- Sweet Dreams - 2008 (Samhain Publishing)
- Cat of a Different Color - 2008 (Samhain Publishing)
- Steel Beauty - 2009 (Samhain Publishing)
- Only In My Dreams - 2009 (Samhain Publishing)
- Dare to Believe - 2009 (Samhain Publishing)
- Noble Blood - 2011 (Samhain Publishing)
- Artistic Vision - 2011 (Samhain Publishing)
- The Wallflower was a finalist in the Passionate Plume awards of 2008.