- Author: Dianne Duvall
- Publisher: Kensington
- Year: 2011
- Setting: North Carolina and Texas
- Amazon Listing: Darkness Dawns
In this dazzling, sensual novel, Dianne Duvall beckons readers into a world of vampires, immortals, and humans with extraordinary gifts . . . where passion can last forever, if you’re willing to pay the price.
Once Sarah Bingham's biggest challenge was making her students pay attention in class. Now, after rescuing a wounded stranger, she's landed in the middle of a battle between corrupt vampires and powerful immortals who also need blood to survive. Roland Warbrook is the most compelling man Sarah has ever laid hands on. But his desire for her is mingled with a hunger he can barely control . . .
In his nine centuries of immortal existence, no woman has tempted Roland as much as Sarah. But asking her to love him is impossible -- when it means forfeiting the world she's always known, and the life he would do anything to protect . . .
- "These dark kick-ass guardians can protect me any day!" – Alexandra Ivy, New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author
- 4.5 stars – "A thrilling and chilling new paranormal series. Fantastic!” – RT Book Reviews
- 5 stars / Top Pick – "Filled with sexy men and plenty of action, Darkness Dawns kept me turning the pages well past my bedtime. This debut novel from Dianne Duvall was a thrilling read. She's definitely one author to watch." – Arkali, The Romance Reviews
- 5 stars / Best Book – "Action-packed world building and a hero daring all for love makes Darkness Dawns one of the most fascinating romances I've read this year." – Long and Short Reviews
- 5 stars – "Darkness Dawns is a stellar debut for author Dianne Duvall and her Immortal Guardians series! It's been a while since a novel has kept me up all night because I just could not set it down!" – Reading Between the Wines Book Club
- 5 stars – "Filled with a sweltering romance and a high velocity plot the reader is thrown into the world of the Immortal Guardians and will be pleased with the journey." – Nocturne Romance Reads
- "Electrifying, Funny, Lust-Inducing and Inventive. Excellent Start to a New Paranormal Series” – Fresh Fiction
- RT Reviewers' Choice Award for Best Vampire Romance Nominee – RT Book Reviews
- Best Book of 2011 – Debut Book Nominee – The Romance Reviews
- Best Paranormal Romance - Vampire 2011 Nominee – The Romance Reviews
- Best Book of 2011 Nominee – Long and Short Reviews
- Top Pick – The Romance Reviews
- Best Book – Long and Short Reviews
- Best of the Best – RWA Indiana Golden Opportunity Contest
- 1st Place – RWA Indiana Golden Opportunity Contest
- 2nd Place – The Emily (RWA)