Daughter Of Darkness
- Author: Mandy M Roth
- Publisher: New Concepts Publishing
- Year: 2005
- Setting: America?
- Amazon Listing: Daughter Of Darkness
- Trade Paperback ISBN 1-58608-684-7
Good or Evil? How’s a girl choose?
Gwyneth Stevens, born of magical decent and raised by humans, fully understands that creatures of the night exist outside of books and movies. When her job leads her to Necro’s Magik World & Supernatural Theme Park, she meets Pallo, an Italian vampire so captivating, so perfect, so familiar. Before she can fully explore her feelings for him, fate steps in, bringing with it, a sexy bounty hunter that makes Gwen’s insides tighten and her body burn. Caleb instantly lays claim to her heart.
Torn between her love for two men, Gwen finds herself caught in a triangle shrouded in passion, lust and immortality. In a world where humans live in ignorance and supernaturals are a sub-culture, anything is possible.
Rating: This story contains mature situations, graphic violence, strong language and paranormal elements, explicit sex, and a women's love for multiple men.
- 4 1/2 Roses -- "I was enthralled from the first paragraph to the last. Good writing, an intriguing plot, and definitely character driven, Daughter of Darkness is an attention grabber to say the least. Mandy M. Roth seduces the reader as surely as the master vampire seduces Gwen. Just watch out for those trolls under the bridge!" -- A Romance Review - Rho
- Sometimes books written in the first person can be confusing to follow, but Ms. Roth handles that writing style with finesse, skillfully fleshing out her characters to make them real and alive. Shades of Laurell K. Hamilton can be found in this book, with some parallels being able to be drawn between writing style and genre. If someone loves Ms. Hamilton’s books, they are bound to enjoy Ms. Roth’s story. Descriptive prose is well done, making the characters see things as Gwen does, though being able to pick up on the events and details Gwen is missing. -- Kelley LoveRomances
- DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS -- "Hot-blooded with lots of extras” just barely describes this new novel containing murder, mystery and romance just edging this side of erotic. Mandy M. Roth combines great characters and awesome story lines to create a wonderful, on-the-edge-of-your-seat read. -- Amanda Kimbrell, Myshelf.com
- 5 Hearts -- Mandy M. Roth has written a story I found very exciting. There is never a dull moment. The sexual exploits between the trio will have you grabbing your own partner or taking a cold shower. There are some very graphic scenes in this story that are not for the faint of heart. I found this story to be most intriguing and look forward to more. Will Gwen find what she's looking for? Be sure to get your copy today and find out who Gwyneth Stevens really is. This is Mandy Roth's debut novel and already she promises to be a great writer. I give Ms. Roth five hearts for a story I found to be most entertaining. Enjoy! -- The Romance Studio - Diane