Deborah MacGillivray spent twenty years helping her grandfather, a retired British Historian, sort, restore and transcribe the history of their family in Scotland and England. Her family’s history is where she found the seeds for her historical novel, the award-winning A Restless Knight of 2006, set in the year before the rising of William Wallace. She generally resides one-half of the year in Britain, the rest in Kentucky — a pattern of her whole life. Receiving an education on both sides of The Pond gives her writing a unique perspective into both countries.
She is a reviewer on staff at The Best Reviews, Paranormal Romance Reviews, Sensual Romance Reviews and Rambles, a Celtic e-magazine. She has been Reviewers International Organization’s Award of Excellence Chair for 2003-2007 and was Assistant Editor of their monthly newsletter for two years. She is a member of: the Romance Writers of America; Hearts Through History RWA online chapter (Past 2nd VP, Past Editor of Hearts Through History's Newsletter - The Bard Scroll, and Web Chair); Celtic Hearts RWA; FF&P RWA chapter; History Fiction Writers Society of Britain; and The Ladies in Waiting.
Deborah's second Historical Romance is the award-winning In Her Bed, second in The Dragons of Challon series. The third historical, One Snowy Knight, will be released October 2008. She also writes Paranormal Contemporary Romances for the Dorchester Love Spell line: The Invasion Of Falgannon Isle (November 2006) and Riding The Thunder (October 2007). As well, she has several short stories and novellas in anthologies for Highland Press: No Law Against Love; Blue Moon Magic; Blue Moon Enchantment; Cat 0’Nine Tales (a one author anthology; Recipe For Love; Christmas Wishes; Holiday In The Heart; Blue Moon Magic; Blue Moon Enchantment; Romance Upon A Midnight Clear and Love Under The Mistletoe.
- In Her Bed - August 2007 (Zebra)
- Invasion Of Falgannon Isle, The - November 2006 (Love Spell)
- One Snowy Knight - October 2008
- Restless Knight, A - July 2006 (Zebra)
- Riding The Thunder - October 2007 (Love Spell)
The Dragons of Challon
The Sisters of Colford Hall
- Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Finalist - 2006 (Best Short Story) "All I Want For Christmas is a Hula-hoop...and a Mother" from CHRISTMAS WISHES
- Jasmine Award Winner - 2005 - (Best Paranormal Romance) The Invasion of Falgannon Isle
- More Than Magic - a 2006 Winner (Debut Category) A Restless Knight
- NOR Award Winner - 2007 - (Best Historical Romance) In Her Bed
- 2006 P.E.A.R.L. Honorable Mention - Short Story "Double, Double, Toil And Trouble" in No Law Against Love
- 2006 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist - New Author
- 2006 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist - Anthology Blue Moon Enchantment, story "Devil In Spurs"
- 2006 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist - Short Story "Rider In The Storm" from Blue Moon Magic
- 2006 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist - Short Story "Blue Christmas Cat" from Holiday In The Heart
- 2007 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist - Best Overall Paranormal Romance for Riding The Thunder
- RIO Award of Excellence - Best Short Story - 2006 "Bad Cat" From No Law Against Love
- RIO Award of Excellent Winner - Best Debut Novel - 2006 A Restless Knight
- SingleTitles.com - Best Single Title - A Restless Knight - a 2006 Winner
- SingleTitles.com Award finalists - The Invasion of Falgannon Isle - 2006
- Stella Cameron Scarlet Boa Finalist 2004 - The Invasion of Falgannon Isle
- The Laurie Readers' Choice - a 2006 Winner (Historical Romance) A Restless Knight
- TRS' CAPA Award Finalist - Best Historical - 2006 A Restless Knight