Gates Of Steel
|By Anne Hampson|
|Publisher||Harlequin Presents #1|
|Mills & Boon Romance #475|
|Release Month||May 1973 (US)|
|October 1970 (UK)|
|Harlequin Presents Series #|
|Followed by||Master Of Moonrock|
|Mills & Boon Romance Series #|
|Preceded by||The Masculine Touch|
|Followed by||Destiny Is A Flower|
- Author: Anne Hampson
- Publisher: Mills & Boon Romance #475
- Year: 1970, October
- Setting: Cyprus
- Amazon Listing: Out of Print
Helen Stewart was disenchanted with the whole idea of love and romance, while Leon Petrou, it was said, had no time for women -- so when he suggested that she should marry him, to provide a background for his small niece and nephew, she agreed, feeling that emotion would not enter into the situation at all. And that could prove to be a dangerous assumption.
Turning to her, Leon said softly, "Don't you think we might try to - to - ?"
"Are you expecting love from me?" A hint of bitterness had crept into Helen's voice now.
"No, I shall never expect love from you. You're not willing to give it -- you told me that at the beginning, told me you'd never again allow your emotions to become involved -- because of what some other man had done to you. That's right, isn't it?"
"Yes, yes, that's right. I said I'd never risk that sort of heartache again."
"And you believe that's reasonable."
She glanced at him sharply, "I shall never give another man an opportunity to hurt me. I don't intend to fall in love again."
- 1970, October - Paperback Release (Mills & Boon Romance #475) (UK Original Release)
- 1973, May - Paperback Release (Harlequin Presents #1) (US Original Release)
- 1977, June - Paperback Release (Mills & Boon Classics #111)
- 1978 - Unknown Release (Sabrina nº 02, Publisher: Nova Cultural) (Brazilian Original Release)
- Title: Um Homem Sem Compaixão