Gayle Wilson is a former teacher who turned to writing romance in her "spare" time. Since her first of over 35 novels hit the shelves, she has been a reader favorite and, as evidenced by her awards, a favorite of her fellow romance authors. The Alabama native has served on the Board of Directors for the Romance Writers of America. She served as President of the organization in 2006. RWA awarded Wilson the Emma Merritt Service Award in 2007.
In 2000, she won the RITA in the Romantic Suspense category for her novel The Bride's Protector. She again won the award in 2004 for her novella "Prisoner Of The Tower" in the Best Romantic Novella category. Wilson has also finaled in the contest many times, including for her first novel, written for Harlequin Historical in 1995.
Writing for the Harlequin Intrigue imprint, Gayle Wilson has published 22 novels.
- Bride's Protector, The - April 1999 Harlequin Intrigue # 509
- Each Precious Hour - December 1999 Harlequin Intrigue # 541
- Echoes In The Dark - October 1995 Harlequin Intrigue # 344
- Gambler's Heart, The - 1995 (Harlequin Historical)
- Heart Of The Night - November 1997 Harlequin Intrigue # 442
- Her Baby, His Secret- June 1999 Harlequin Intrigue # 517
- Her Private Bodyguard - April 2000 Harlequin Intrigue # 561
- His Secret Duchess - 1998 Harlequin Historical
- Midnight Remembered -November 2000 Harlequin Intrigue # 591
- Never Let Her Go - November 1998 Harlequin Intrigue # 490
- Night And Day: Day - November 2001 Harlequin Intrigue # 637
- Only A Whisper - June 1996 Harlequin Intrigue # 376
- Rafe Sinclair's Revenge - November 2002 Harlequin Intrigue # 685
- Ransom My Heart - April 1998 Harlequin Intrigue # 461
- Raven's Vow - 1996 Harlequin Historical
- Redemption Of Deke Summers, The - April 1997 Harlequin Intrigue # 414
- Remember My Touch- June 1998 Harlequin Intrigue # 469
- Renegade Heart - August 2000 Harlequin Intrigue # 578
- Rocky Mountain Maverick - August 2003 Harlequin Intrigue # 721
- Rules Of Engagement - October 2004 Harlequin Intrigue # 802
- Sight Unseen - July 2004 Harlequin Intrigue # 784
- Stranger She Knew, The - May 1999 Harlequin Intrigue # 513
- Take No Prisoners - July 2005 Harlequin Intrigue # 856
- Under Surveillance - December 2003 Harlequin Intrigue # 743
- Whisper My Love - May 1998 Harlequin Intrigue # 466
- 2007 Emma Merritt Service Award from the Romance Writers of America
- 2004 RITA - Best Romantic Novella for "Prisoner Of The Tower"
- 2001 RITA - Romantic Suspense for The Bride's Protector