"Meet sophisticated men of the world and captivating women in glamorous international settings. Seduction and passion guaranteed." Harlequin promises this and more in the Harlequin Presents line. Launched in May 1973 with the title Gates Of Steel by Anne Hampson - for some background details of the launch see here - the series has continued to feature rich, sensual tales with strong alpha heroes and not-always-so-innocent women. In many ways, the Harlequin Presents line offers a modern look at the classic Gothic structure.
The name for the Harlequin Presents line was reportedly the brainchild of prolific author Anne Hampson, who suggested the idea over lunch with Alan Boon of Mills & Boon. Other authors for Harlequin Presents include beloved authors such as Violet Winspear, Penny Jordan, and Charlotte Lamb. A full list of authors is here.
These are fast-paced tales offering escapist romantic fantasies.
- Harlequin Presents By The Numbers - A by-the-numbers look at titles published under the Harlequin Presents imprint.
- Harlequin Presents - supplement series (precursor to Harlequin Presents Extra line)
- Harlequin Presents Extra - supplement series
- Harlequin Presents Subscription - additional titles published for subscribers
- Harlequin Presents Authors - list of authors who have published in the Harlequin Presents line
- Harlequin Presents Cover Gallery - Gallery of Harlequin Presents Book Covers
Articles About Harlequin Presents
- Those Harlequin Presents - Author Jill Monroe talks about her love of the Harlequin Presents line.
- June 1, 2005 - Issue #201 - Laurie Gold discusses a recent Harlequin Presents reading jag.
- Harlequin Thinks Unsexy Thoughts - Macleans magazine, Sept. 24, 2007 - article on serious issues featured in Harlequin Presents novels