Jill Monroe is a resident of Oklahoma and proud member of the Oklahoma Romance Writers. A self-admitted contest junkie, Jill achieved her ultimate success when she finaled in the Golden Heart in 2003. This happened despite the fact that she absolutely refuses to employ the most useful writing tool of all: the serial comma. Luckily, she has critique partners who helpfully point out each and every missing comma. Jill retaliates by prominently featuring ducks in her manuscripts to drive her friends crazy.
In addition to admitting an embarrassing (for her friends) weakness for cowboy poetry, Jill is also absurdly addicted to diet cherry cokes from Sonic. She says they're "inspirational".
She cannot remember the name of the Harlequin book that got her started in the romance genre, but will admit to reading "a ton" of romances since then. She has a particular fondness for Harlequin Presents and cites Trish Morey as a particular favorite. Other favorite authors include Gena Showalter, P.C. Cast, and the unrelated Lucy Monroe.
In addition to writing, Jill Monroe is one half of the creative team behind the popular Author Talk videos. Together with Gena Showalter, Jill spoofs author interviews in hilarious segments featuring authors like Vicki Lewis Thompson and Nora Roberts.
In her spare time, Jill Monroe labors under the misimpression that she's training to participate in the Race/Walk For the Cure -- those who know her best know that she's severely allergic to exercise. She'll be serving the Race/Walk in a less physically strenuous capacity.
Books By Jill Monroe
- Never Naughty Enough - December 2004 (Harlequin Temptation, #1003)
- Share The Darkness - April 2006 (Harlequin Blaze, #245)
- Hitting The Mark - February 2007 (Harlequin Blaze, #304)
- Tall, Dark And Filthy Rich - November 2007 (Harlequin Blaze, #362) (Million Dollar Secrets)
- Primal Instincts - February 2008 (Harlequin Blaze, #378) (Blush)
- SEALed And Delivered - November 2009 (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!)
- SEALed With A Kiss - January 2011 (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
- Lord Of Rage - October 2011 (Harlequin Nocturne, #1--)