Judith Ivory, also known as Judy Cuevas, has won numerous awards, including Romance Writers of America's RITA, Top Ten Books of the Year, and Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice. With two degrees in mathematics, Ms. Ivory never expected to make her living writing novels.
Ms. Ivory's novels are rich and complicated. She is one of the few romance writers whose books are full of truly flawed characters whom you come to love. Her books are often based on familiar fairy tales or folk stories. For instance, Sleeping Beauty is obvious (although some find the book quite dark and disturbing), Beast based on the beauty in the beast tale, Starlit Surrender, and Angel In A Red Dress is based on the Scarlet Pimpernel tale. The Proposition is a twist on Pygmalion.
Has also written under the name Judy Cuevas
- Angel In a Red Dress, 2006 (re-release of Starlit Surrender) (Avon)
- Untie My Heart, 2002 (Avon)
- Black Silk, 2002 (originally released in 1991) (Avon)
- The Indiscretion, 2001 (Avon)
- Proposition, The, 1999 (Avon)
- Sleeping Beauty, 1998 (Avon)
- Beast, 1997 (Avon)
- Dance (as Judy Cuevas), 1996 (Jove)
- Bliss (as Judy Cuevas), 1995
- Starlit Surrender (as Judy Cuevas), 1988 (Zebra) re-released as Angel In a Red Dress, 2006 under pen name Judith Ivory.
- 1999 Career Achievement Award Winner - Romantic Times Magazine -Innovative Historical Romance
- 2000 RITA® Winner in the Short Historical category for The Proposition