Key Names In Romance History
- Jane Austen
- Faith Baldwin - One of the first romance superstars, first published in the 1920s with 85 books, movies from books, and her own television show. Her early books focused on the struggle of women to balance a job and family.
- Charlotte Bronte
- Kathryn Falk - Love or hate her magazine, Romantic Times, Kathryn Falk made romance history by starting the first nationally distributed publication dedicated to the romance genre.
- Georgette Heyer - Georgette Heyer is a key influence on today's romance authors, especially those who write Regencies.
- Vivian Stephens - Without Vivian Stephens, there wouldn't be a Romance Writers of America.
- Jayne Ann Krentz started science fiction romance as well as many other trends.