Maggie Berkley A long time fan of dark fantasy with a touch of romance and horror, Maggie Berkley grew up in a world all her own, one she created as a teenager during her long times of parental lock down due to a rebellious nature. As a youth she created stories and plays for her friends to act out for anyone willing (and at times unwilling) to watch and as time went by drew upon her love of fantasy and horror to write novels and fan fiction. Due to the encouragement of friends and family she decided rather than keep her stories for herself she would publish and in doing so created different worlds to feature her vast imagination.
Maggie lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband of many, many years, an extremely tall teen-age son, one rowdy puppy and two cats that rule their lives with an iron claw.
- Enter the Night: Book One of the Morgan Crowe trilogy
- Behind the Throne: Book Two of the Morgan Crowe trilogy
- Out of the ShadowedLands: Book Three of the Morgan Crowe trilogy
The Morgan Crowe trilogy:
- Enter The Night: Book One of the Morgan Crowe trilogy
"Be careful of who you trust." Words of warning, something Morgan Crowe tended to ignore. Born Morriganna nic Thulath over thousands of years ago in the ShadowedLands of the Immortal Sidhe, she was the leader of the Mor'sin'dar King's Battle Crows. Named the Morrigu, she was deadly, precise and vengeful. Favored by her King, Morgan lived an unrestrained life until her temper forced him to remove her from the Courts. For years she lived among the humans, keeping an eye out on things Fae and waiting until the time her beloved King resends his decision and welcomes her back with open arms. But things have changed within the Sidhe lands, deaths occurred and old rumors abound. Unknowingly Morgan has become the object of revenge of a hateful Queen and a sadistic enemy from her past. Now enters a Were, shape changers with the natural ability to take animal form and with his appearance comes temptation and love. But is he all that he seems? And is she willing to defy her society to find out if he is. For Morgan, her world tumbles around in a whirlwind until all hell breaks loose.
- Behind The Throne: Book Two of the Morgan Crowe trilogy
Alone, pregnant and cranky, Morgan Crowe finds herself surrounded by enemies and with no one to trust winds up on the doorstep of a friend long forgotten. Taken in by the daughter of a powerful King who would rather see her dead, Morgan relies on her instincts for survival and hopes she could live through the next few months in order to give birth, and be to her normal strength and skill. As her rotten luck would have it an enemy has found itself in her safe haven and has taken revenge, by taking her only surviving friend and causing her to come face to face with her past. Court intrigue and danger rears its ugly head as the grip on her tightens, causing her to reach out for help and learn that to trust may not be as bad as she thought. Especially when that trust comes in the form a young Werewolf met once on a rainy night that seems so long ago. But attractions are not that simple are they? Especially when an old rival shows up and the heat between them flares. But Morgan has no time for macho games, especially when her friend’s life is in her grasp.
- For Enter the Night:
- "Ms. Berkley crafts a masterpiece that will have you begging for more (and wondering when Book Two will be out)." ~ Angelique, Happily Ever After Reviews, Rated 5 Stars and a Recommened Read
- "A truly interesting story that keeps the reader wanting more and wondering what is going to happen next. Be prepared to meet a lot of characters from the fantasy realm." ~ Danielle Friedl, Got Erotic Romance, Rated 4 Stars
- "Enter the Night is a riveting tale of suspense, betrayal and the tangled web of love. Maggie Berkley has left me wanting more and to see what’s next for Morgan Crowe." ~ Samhain Queene, Dark Divas Reviews, Rated 5 Stars and a Recommened Read
- “Enter The Night is an intriguing read. Combining various elements of mystery, suspense, and romance, author Maggie Berkley has crafted a winding tale of action and adventure set against the backdrop of a mystical fantasy land. With a host of plot-bending twists and turns, Enter The Night is sure to keep readers guessing as to the ultimate outcome of Morgan’s fate, and they will no doubt find themselves cheering her on through each new obstacle threatening to destroy her – despite her valiant efforts to survive. A surprisingly compelling read.” ~Chelsea Perry, Apex Reviews,Rated 4 Stars
- "This debut novel by Maggie Berkley is amazing! A twist of Laurell K. Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series and some awesome characters brings new light to the Fae realm. The plot is intriguing and quick paced. The combination of myth and an overarching quality of new material makes the novel an original in its own right. There is no doubt that Maggie Berkley was out to impress with this novel. I didn't want to stop reading until I got to the very end and now I want the next book in the series “Behind the Throne”." ~Sarah Dizon, Night Owl Reviews Rated 4 Stars
- "Maggie Berkley begins the Morgan Crowe Trilogy by introducing the reader to the colorful characters that populate the Shadowlands of the Sidhe. Morgan knows that no one can be trusted. She knows that even the man she loves will betray her in the end. Assassins are sent to kill her in the human. She fights for her life and the lives of her unborn children. The few Sidhe she can trust are in danger themselves. Can Morgan keep one step ahead of Queen Moirethe? Will Morgan live long enough to give birth to her children?" ~Candy, Sensual Reads.com Rated 4 Stars
- For Behind the Throne:
- "In Behind the Throne, you will find everything from a love flame coming back, new alliance being made to protect the ones you love, kidnapping, vengeance and so much more that you must read this book to better understand the life of Morgan." ~Monica, Happily Ever After Reviews 5 Stars
- "Sometimes sequels don’t live up to the wait but I can honestly say Maggie Berkley did not disappoint with Behind the Throne. Ms. Berkley has continued to build the characters who inhabit her world and make them stronger. Even as things become more and more tangled, you have to follow Morgan on her journey. I have a feeling there’s a big surprise in store for not only Morgan but the reader as well. Behind the Throne is not to be missed. I can’t wait to see how Ms. Berkley ties up all the loose ends in book three." ~Samhaim Queen, Dark Diva Reviews 5 Stars and a recommened read
- "The sequel to Enter the Night by Maggie Berkley is just as action packed and sexy as the first but taken to a whole different level. Anxiously, anticipating the conclusion to this trilogy!" ~ Sarah Dizon, Night Owl Reviews, 4.5 Stars and a Top Pick
- "In the second book of the Morgan Crowe Trilogy, Maggie Berkley reveals more mysteries from Morgan’s past. She uncovers secret allies who work behind the throne to help keep Morgan safe, and vicious enemies who will stop at nothing to see her dead. Khelvan and Morgan are forced to re-evaluate their opinions of each other so they can work together to save a Vivienne. Morgan’s children are born into a violent world. They have their own parts to play in Morgan’s story. Can Morgan rescue Vivienne, the one person who went out of her way to help her, or will her association with Morgan cost Vivienne her life?" ~Candy, Sensual Reads.Com Rated 4 Stars