My Heart Stood Still
- Author: Lynn Kurland
- Publisher: Berkley
- Year: October 2001 (ISBN 0-425-18197-9)
- Setting: 1382 and contemporary England
- Amazon Listing: My Heart Stood Still
In a bleak, landlocked keep on the English moors, Iolanthe MacLeod dreams of the sea - and of a darkly handsome man to come rescue her. Centuries have passed and she feels she has waited in vain.
Thomas McKinnon is used to attaining impossible heights, both in business and in the mountains he loves. But when the chance to restore a twelfth century castle comes his way, he gamely takes hammer in hand and crosses the Atlantic, expecting to find nothing more interesting inside his new home than cobwebs and weeds.
But in that ancient, crumbling castle, the fierce, restless spirit of a medieval Scottish woman lives on - a woman so haunting that he would do anything, go anywhere, risk everything to make her his forever...
- 2001 RT Reviewers' Choice Award Nominee - Best Contemporary Paranormal
- 2001 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist - Best Fantasy/Magical
- 2001 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist - Best Time Travel
- #7 of the MacLeods series
- #2 of the McKinnons series
- the 3 ghosts of the Boar's Head Inn of The Three Wise Ghosts play a major role