Paranormal romance is a sub-genre of the Romance Genre. The term paranormal means: psychic or mental phenomena outside the range of the normal. The paranormal genre covers a lot of ground -- as with many romance genres, there are many sub-categories, each with their own appeal.
Here are some examples of these specific topics or themes. Note that the category links will take you to a list of books that have been categorized in that topic.
- Time Travel category: Time Travel
- Futuristic category: Futuristic
- Magic category: Magic
- Fairies/Fae (category: Faerie)
- Faith Healer
- Ghost (category: Ghost)
- Shape Shifter (category: Shape Shifters)
- Vampire (category: Vampire)
- Werewolf (category: Werewolves)
- Witches (category: Witches)
- Books tagged as Paranormal
- What's Urban Fantasy, What's Paranormal? - Galleycat looks at the differences in the two sub-genres
On The Web
Those interested in the paranormal genre may find additional resources at: