- Author: Dianne Duvall
- Publisher: Kensington
- Year: 2012
- Setting: Present-day North Carolina and South Korea.
- Amazon Listing: Phantom Shadows
Dianne Duvall lures readers into a world of romance and suspense, where love can mean the difference between life and death . . .
Dr. Melanie Lipton is no stranger to the supernatural. She knows immortals better than they know themselves, right down to their stubborn little genes. So although a handsome rogue immortal seems suspicious to her colleagues, Sebastien Newcombe intrigues Melanie. His history is checkered, his scars are impressive, and his ideas are daring. But it's not his ideas that have Melanie fighting off surges of desire . . .
Bastien is used to being the bad guy. In fact, he can't remember the last time he had an ally he could trust. But Melanie is different - and under her calm, professional exterior he senses a passion beyond anything in his centuries of experience. Giving in to temptation is out of the question - he can't put her in danger. But she isn't asking him . . .
- "Knowing your enemies is a key concern in the newest installment of Duvall's excellent Immortal Guardians series. Vampires, and the virus that drive them insane, have been the primary threats that our heroes have been fighting, but there is a new player in town. With this excellent entry, rising star Duvall is fast proving to be a major player in paranormal romance!" – RT Book Reviews
- Top Pick, “With a deeply emotional love story, two beautiful, complex main characters and a pulse-pounding adventure that won't let up, this book was haunting and addictive and I loved every page.” — The Romance Reviews
- Top Pick, “Phantom Shadows is a book worth taking the time to read. Don't miss it!” — Night Owl Reviews
- “Phantom Shadows is a real page flipper. There is so much drama, suspense and action of various levels in each chapter that it was almost impossible to put down.” — Long and Short Reviews
- “With each new installment in the Immortal Guardians series I only fall more in love with the world and the amazing cast of characters . . . Phantom Shadows is a must read for fans of the series, and for those who haven't read the first two installments, I have to ask what are you waiting for? Full of romance, danger, and a heck of a cast of characters, these books cannot possibly disappoint!” — A Book Obsession
- “I was so excited to return to the world of Ms. Duvall’s Immortal Guardians that I started reading this book the moment it arrived from the publisher and I was not disappointed. It’s done so well, that I truly want to live in her world regardless of the threat of vampires!” — Smexy Books
- New York Times Bestseller
- USA Today Bestseller
- Top Pick - The Romance Reviews
- Top Pick - Night Owl Reviews