The Cowboy Takes A Wife - Joan Johnston
- Author: Joan Johnston
- Publisher: Silhouette Desire #842
- Year: March 1994 (ISBN 0-373-05842-X)
- Setting: Texas
- Amazon Listing: The Cowboy Takes A Wife
Is there a husband in the house?
When single mother Desiree Parrish discovered that her abusive ex-husband was being released from prison, she knew she needed live-in protection at her ranch. And since hiring a bodyguard would only scare her young daughter, Desiree decided to hire a husband - a big, brawny husband - who had more muscles than questions...
All cowboy Carter Prescott had to do to own a piece of Texas was say "I do" and live with a pretty woman and her cute kid. He didn't have to love his instant family, and since Carter was incapable of that, anyway, he thought he'd gotten one heck of a hassle-free deal. At least until the truth came out...
- #5 of the Hawk's Way series, 1rst generation
- Carter is the half-brother of Faron Whitelaw, the hero of The Cowboy And The Princess
- Publisher: Harlequin By Request, Spouse For Hire
- Year: January 1999 (ISBN 0-373-20155-9)
- Amazon Listing: Spouse For Hire