- Author: Lisa Plumley
- Publisher: Harlequin Historical
- Year: 2006
- Setting: Arizona Territory
- Amazon.com Listing: The Scoundrel
Schooling the Scoundrel
Brawny blacksmith Daniel McCabe is not the marrying kind. He likes his freedom just fine and no Morrow Creek lady is going to change that! But an unexpected delivery makes the bachelor rethink his roguish ways.
Daniel suddenly needs a wife—and longtime friend Sarah Crabtree is quick to oblige. After all, she's been sweet on Daniel for years. But then Sarah's dream turns into a nightmare. Her love match is nothing but a marriage of convenience! Now Sarah has to convince the biggest scoundrel in Arizona Territory to let her into his bed—and his heart...
Morrow Creek Series
See Morrow Creek Series for related books.
- "The Scoundrel is witty, fun and just plain charming. Don't miss this truly wonderful love story by Ms. Plumley. Her stories never disappoint and The Scoundrel is no exception. I loved this story and you will too!" —Fresh Fiction
- "There's lots of Plumley's trademark humor in this Old West tale of first-comes-marriage. Readers who enjoy humorous romances of the Old West by Geralyn Dawson, Georgina Gentry, and Nancy J. Parra will be roped in by this one, too." —Booklist
- "What I loved most about The Scoundrel is that it completely and utterly entertained me. All the characters are unpredictable and charming, with fun peculiar behavior. Filled with laugh aloud scenarios and a tender love affair between best friends, The Scoundrel will remind you of your first kiss, plus melt your heart. Lisa Plumley’s style is the cure all for a bad day and I dare you not to laugh, and maybe shed a tear as well." —Romance Junkies (5 Blue Ribbons rating!)
- "How does one spell romance? P-L-U-M-L-E-Y. Readers are in for a treat with her latest tale, a funny, lively, and often outrageous battle of wills that will keep readers riveted until the last page. Four stars!" —Romantic Times BOOKreviews
- "Ms. Plumley has written a romance with endearing characters that are full of mischief, charm and humor!" —Roundtable Romance Reviews
- "The Scoundrel is a sweet love story—sometimes funny, sometimes serious, but always interesting. Author Lisa Plumley has created characters that sparkle with wit and realism. In The Scoundrel, Lisa Plumley has crafted a light-hearted tale sure to amuse and entertain even the pickiest of romance readers." —The Road to Romance
- "Plumley pens another fine story here, one that’s filled with wonderful characters, great atmosphere and smart and often witty dialogue. The author’s distinctive voice and stellar writing adds that much more panache to this lively historical." —Bookloons
- "With just the right mix of down home humor, a bit of drama and a smackle of good old-fashioned tear jerking, Lisa Plumley comes up with a winner with her latest historical release, The Scoundrel. Ms. Plumley has such a great sense of timing and way with dialogue; the sparring between Daniel and Sarah, as well as Sarah and her family—which includes her suffragette sister, Grace, whose own story I can't wait to see in print—was an absolute delight to observe!" —Romance Reader at Heart (Four-Rose Read!)
- "The sequel to The Matchmaker, The Scoundrel is an amusing western romantic romp that will keep the audience laughing with the antics that Sarah and to a degree Eli pull on hapless Daniel, who will not know what hit him as love for his woman blindsides him." —Harriet Klausner
- "Talented author Lisa Plumley mixes humor with romance and comes up with a winner! The Scoundrel will give you an itch to find a scoundrel for your own!" —Reader to Reader/New and Previously Owned Books
- "Ms Plumley has given us a great story that has warmth and humor and heartbreak. Bravo!" —Rendezvous