Can't find the conversation you are looking for? Check my Archive.
Anthologies - Same Title
Wow, lots of stuff added today. Did we "decide" that an anthology with same title would have publisher in the title or was this just a guess by the author doing the adding? Not a bad idea, but looking at Santa Baby - Zebra makes me wonder whether we should add a disambiguation line at the begining of the individual book pages saying something like
- For other books with same title see [[name]].
Sound like work, but what do you think?--Kay T 18:10, 18 September 2007 (PDT)
Hi Kay! That was me, making a guess at how to succinctly add a same-title, multiple-authors book. It seemed as if it would make the entry too long to include all of the authors, which is why I included the publisher instead. I hope that didn't mess up anything! -- Lisa :)
- Lisa, I think you made a good guess for that. See discussion on the Help talk: Style Manual about this (discussion going on at the same time you were guessing). I was just commenting that a line at the beginning of all of these types of pages might be a good idea. --Kay T 10:00, 19 September 2007 (PDT) P.S. When signing on talk pages it is easy to use the signature button (right after the red-no wiki button above the edit screen). this puts in a link to your user page and the date and time.
To Do Lists, etc.
I am so punchy I don't know what I did with that vampire book and series. If it is the series name, do we want to make a series page? BUT see my todo list!!!??? Cute, huh? See Help Talk:Style Manual for an example.--Kay T 18:18, 17 September 2007 (PDT)
- The To Do list is spiffy and I think it is cute. Responded on the Vampire page with comments. And get some sleep (caffiene? food?) silly punchy lady! --DawnBurn 21:18, 17 September 2007 (PDT)
Dawn, could you maybe help make an "Help:Uploading Images" page? I never do this and don't really know how, while you seem to be proficient. I am trying to put together a more generic Help page that will link to this image page (you can just use this link if you like) so any content would be appreciated. --Kay T 15:50, 7 September 2007 (PDT)
- Sure, Kay. I'll see what I can whip up. And note: I only seem proficient. I'm only as good as my ability to search out the instructions from the main wiki site. --DawnBurn 16:11, 7 September 2007 (PDT)
- Okay, check out my sandbox for the whip up. I used some of the text from the official wiki site & then edited in some Romancewiki stuff. Do you think it needs a section on how to find images? --DawnBurn 01:01, 11 September 2007 (PDT)
I moved it to Help:Uploading Images "which may have unforeseen consequences" like now you have a redirect on your sandbox page. I have a couple of sandbox pages and I usually just copy and paste, but I thought I would get fancy. Ughh! Remove the redirect if you want to use the page for your sandbox again. --Kay T 11:07, 15 September 2007 (PDT)
- That's fine and what I'll do. I prefer moving since it moves the discussion & edits too and I can easily remove the redirect. =) --DawnBurn 12:07, 15 September 2007 (PDT)
- Dawn, you still have a redirect on the talk page for that sandbox. Just in case you wanted to chat there about the image. You know, some time ago I shrunk some images by using the "numberpx" argument and it seemed to work. Maybe we could just add on the Help page a standard size number. I wonder why thumb doesn't work? Maybe that is a template that calls the standard thumb size on wiki? --Kay T 16:44, 16 September 2007 (PDT)
Moved to Talk:Book Template.
Hi Dawn! Thanks very much for the image help on the book pages I added. That looks much better! I knew there had to be a way to specify the size/position, but I just couldn't find it. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when adding future books.
I love the RomanceWiki. What a fantastic idea!
- You are very welcome!--DawnBurn 10:45, 19 September 2007 (PDT)
Dawn, I moved the category page to RomanceWiki:Category Index and RW is going to link to it in the nav panel at the left. Glad you like it. It was a pain in the you-know-what (even though I copied it from big-Wiki) AND it has to be kept up by hand (not automated). Just didn't want you to be shocked when I delete it from my user space. --Kay T 18:24, 30 September 2007 (PDT)
Publishers and Books with Same Name
Dawn -- Amy had a question re: the above. If you have time, I'd love it if you could weigh in at RomanceWiki:Community Discussion. I have someone who has the time to take on the potential solution if we go that route.
Also, circling back to your comment on the "letter" pages (which made sense in the beginning and help for certain types of searchers), they're getting just plain unwieldy. I'm proposing that we stop the double work when it comes to listing books with the same title: Category talk:Books - Same Title. It was fine when there were a small number of books (I live, I learn!), but now, it's just too much.--Romancewiki 21:14, 30 November 2007 (PST)