Ann Maxwell , aka Ann Elizabeth Maxwell (b. 1944), began her career as an author writing Science Fiction. Her first Futuristic novel (Change) was published in 1975 by Popular Library. Starting in 1992, she published Suspense novels under the name Ann Maxwell, written in collaboration with her husband, Evan Maxwell.
Ann and Evan Maxwell also wrote a historical romance in 1979 (Golden Empire) as A. E. Maxwell, but are more famous for their Suspense novels. The first of the series (Just Another Day In Paradise) was released in 1985. In 1990 they wrote another historical romance (The Golden Mountain) under the pseudonym Annalise Sun.
As Elizabeth Lowell she started to write category romances for Silhouette. Her first title for the Silhouette Desire imprint (Summer Thunder) was published in 1983. After expanding into the historical romance and Romantic Suspense genre she currently solely writes as Elizabeth Lowell.
Individually and with co-author/husband Evan, Ann Maxwell has written over 60 novels and two non-fiction books. There are 30 million copies of these books in print, as well as reprints in 30 foreign languages. The novels range from Science Fiction to historical fiction, from Romance to Suspense.
On the Web
Science Fiction by Ann Maxwell
- Change - 1975 (Popular Library)
- Dancer's Illusion - August 1983 (Signet)
- Dancer's Luck - April 1983 (Signet)
- Dead God Dancing, A - June 1979 (Avon)
- Fire Dancer - December 1982 (Signet)
- Jaws Of Menx, The - September 1981 (Signet)
- Name Of A Shadow - April 1980 (Avon)
- Singer Enigma, The - July 1976 (Popular Library)
- Timeshadow Rider - June 1986 (Tor)
Romantic Suspense by Ann and Evan Maxwell
- Diamond Tiger, The - June 1992 (Harper) = rewritten and reissued as Death Is Forever - Elizabeth Lowell
- Ruby, The - January 1995 (Harper) = rewritten and reissued as Whirlpool - Elizabeth Lowell
- Secret Sisters, The - May 1993 = reissued as Elizabeth Lowell
- Shadow And Silk - January 1997 (Zebra)