Harlequin usually refers to the publishing company Harlequin Enterprises Limited, a Toronto, Ontario-based company that is the world's leading publisher of romance and women's fiction. The company publishes nearly 110 new titles each month in 27 different languages, primarily category romances.
About the Company
Within the publishing company of Harlequin there are several lines including:
- Harlequin - category romances
- Silhouette - category romances
- HQN - Harlequin enters the single-title market.
- Kimani Press - African American imprints
- Luna - paranormal imprint
- Mira - high-end single title imprint.
- Red Dress Ink - this imprint publishes primarily "chick-lit"
- Spice - women's erotic fiction
- Steeple Hill - Inspirational romance.
- Signature Select - single titles by Harlequin and Silhouette, new releases and reissues
- American Romance
- Intrigue - Harlequin's romantic suspense line.
- Love Inspired - This imprint is devoted to inspirational (mainly Christian) romances.
- Medical Romance - stories with a medical setting
- Harlequin NASCAR - stories set in the world of NASCAR®
- Harlequin Nocturne - line of Paranormal stories
- Harlequin Nocturne Cravings - line of Paranormal short stories
- Harlequin Presents - This imprint is devoted to glamor and passion, often with international settings
- Romance - in 2007 the Silhouette Romance line was folded into this Harlequin line
- Harlequin Superromance - Longer titles focusing on family issues.
Defunct Harlequin Imprints
- Duets - A humor line featuring two books in one.
- Harlequin Everlasting Love
- Harlequin Next - Women's fiction series from 2005 to 2008
- Flipside - A line of chick-lit flavored romantic comedy. (2003-2005)
- Harlequin Love And Laughter - The Love and Laughter line featured short, humorous stories. The line was merged with Silhouette's Yours Truly line to form the Duets line.
- Harlequin Nocturne Bites - a paranormal short e-book imprint launched in 2008 under Silhouette imprint and last book was published December 2011 under Harlequin imprint.
- Mystique - Mystique ran from August 1977 to February 1982. The series was romantic suspense, mostly set in foreign locales.
- Harlequin Temptation - Temptation was Harlequin's long-running sensual line. As the hotter Blaze line drew off readers, Temptation finally ceased publication in 2005.
- Heat - Blaze was the original "flash" on the cover of Temptation books drawing readers looking for hotter, sexier reads. After Blaze became its own line, the Heat "flash" debuted.
- Violet - Violet was Harlequin's manga line, renamed Ginger Blossom. Only existing titles were reprinted as manga.
Harlequin & Silhouette Reissue Series
- American Heroes Against All Odds - a story for each state of the USA
- Babies And Bachelors USA - a story for each state of the USA
- Born In The USA - a story for each state of the USA
- A Century Of American Dreams - reissue of the Harlequin American Romance mini series A Century Of American Romance
- By Request - series of 3 themed novels in one volume
- Here Come The Grooms™
- Men At Work
- Men Made In America - a story for each state of the USA
- Safe Haven - a series of suspense and adventure titles
- Western Lovers™
On the Web
- eHarlequin - Main Harlequin website